14TH ANNUAL CLASSICS & CHROME CAR SHOW
APRIL 12 – APRIL 13
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
10253 N. 2nd Street, Machesney Park, IL
(AT THE CORNER OF HWY 251 & 173)
CHILDREN UNDER 10 FREE
This event is a fund raiser to benefit the Keith Country Day School Forever Keith Fund, which supports tuition grants and student program enhancements. The event has raised over one million dollars over its 14 year existence.
From the funds raised, KCDS offers tuition scholarships, summer enrichment camp opportunities through Rock Valley College, and supports science teachers to serve as guest instructors at the Nicholas Conservatory. In 2013-14, KCDS offered $125,000 in scholarships to area families for school and summer programs.
- Previous shows have attracted over 10,000 visitors to the two day community event.
- Classics and Chrome is the Midwest’s premier indoor car show.
- Each year a new selection of over 120 vehicles are displayed making this show the most unique in the Midwest.
- Annually, 5000 show catalogs are printed and valued by the over 150,000 attendees the show has hosted over the last 14 years.
- Two cash prize raffle drawings are held. The Grand Raffle offers the chance to win over $33,000 in cash and the Super 50/50 Raffle allows the winner to receive 50% of tickets sold.
- A Saturday Night Special Event is held at the Nicholas Conservatory. This event is for the Keith community, Classic & Chrome Committee Members, Sponsors, Car Show participants and vendors to enjoy an evening of gourmet food, cocktails and friendly conversation.
- Advertising strategies have been expanded to Beloit, Janesville, Madison, Milwaukee.
- WGN advertising will be included in the 2014 marketing plan.
- Over 100 volunteers, from across the community, assist with organization of the show.
- Approximately 15 vendors bring their services and products for sales during the show.